Sunday, December 14, 2014

Purple and White Granny Square Blanket



Please Share the Love

Nicole's Blanket
It's been a couple of months since I finished my last blanket. It was a special request by my daughter Nicole. 

I was going to save it for Christmas but I was too excited and had to give it to her right away.

If you'd like the pattern please click HERE.


Jaxon's Blanket
My newest creation is going to be a Christmas gift for one of my precious granddaughters. I haven't decided if it will go to Lexi or Sidney. They both love purple.
Audrey and Her Blanket











Lexi's sister (Audrey) and brother (Jaxon) have both received a crocheted blanket from me. 

Lexi may be wondering why Grandma hasn't given her one yet.


Beth's Blanket
Oh, I almost forgot. Lexi's Mom (Beth)has a blanket from me too. You can check it out HERE.


Sidney saw me working on the blanket and she told me how much she likes it. And her Mom has the red granny square blanket.

Oh decisions decisions. Who do you think should get this blanket? 





free crocheted granny square pattern







free crocheted blanket pattern


free granny square blanket pattern





Pattern for Granny Square

 You will need:
5mm Crochet Hook
5 Super Saver Bright Red Yarn

You will make:
24 Granny Squares

Fits on top of a single bed. Make your border bigger if you want the blanket to droop down the sides of the bed.




Ch 5. Join with ss to form a ring.

1st Round: Ch 3 (counts a 1 dc). 15dc in ring.

2nd Round: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc). 2dc (makes first cluster of 3 dc). *skip 2, 3dc in same space. Repeat from *. Ss in 3rd ch of ch 4.

3rd Round: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc). 2 dc in ch 1 space. Repeat from * twice more. Ch 1. (3 dc. Ch 1.  3 dc) in last ch 2 space for corner Ch 1. Ss in top of ch 3.

4th Round: Ch 4 (counts as 1 dc and ch 1) 3dc in next ch 1 space. *Ch1. (3dc. Ch2. 3dc) in next ch 2 space for corner. (Ch1, 3 dc in next ch1 space to next corner. Repeat from * twice more. Ch 1 (3 dc. Ch 2. 3 dc) in next ch 2 space for corner. Ch 1. 2dc in last ch1 space. Ss in 3rd ch of ch 4.

5th Round: ch 3 (counts as  1 dc). 1 dc in both lps of each stitch. ch 3 in each space for corner. 

6th Round: sc in each st. 3 sc in each corner space.

7th Round: repeat round 4 twice.

Fasten off.







POST A COMMENT
I love to read your opinions and comments. It makes my day a little bit brighter. 

My apologies, all anonymous comments are deleted due to an excessive amount of spam.


Wishing You a Wonderful Week.


**************


I would like to extend a special thank you to Angel for featuring my purple and white blanket at her linky party. THANKS ANGEL!





Thank you Maz for featuring my crocheted flowers on your blog.


To see the other most clicked projects please click HERE.

9 comments:

  1. Your blanket is just lovely. I hope to make one as lovely eventually. It's so hard to decide who should get it isn't it? I'd be tempted to hold onto it until next year and give them one each...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should hold off until I can get two more done. I just get so excited and have a hard time holding onto a gift when I really want to give it to them right away. It's torture for me.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to try this pattern out. I do love to crochet and making granny squares is one of my favorite things do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me :)
    hey, make two, swapping around the lighter/darker purple and then one for each!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to make these before my hands started with the arthritis...I loved to crochet...this is a pretty afghan! Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I wish I could crochet better. I'd try your pattern. Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blanket! Thanks for sharing at CAL link party :)
    http://www.mazkwok.com/2015/01/crafting-along-72.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. are you going to post on how to finish the blanket, thank you

    ReplyDelete