Monday, June 3, 2013

A No Sew T-Shirt Transformation


Hi there fellow Crafty People. Welcome to my little blog. 

Today I want to share something with you that I have been wanting to try for a long time. It's also something that my youngest daughter, Christina wanted me to try.

It's a no sew t-shirt transformation!



T-Shirt Cutting

It is a no sew t-shirt transformation. It's an easy and fun project to do. 



diy t-shirt refashions
















Materials

  • One t-shirt with long sleeves
  • Sharp scissors for cutting fabric
  • Ruler or measuring tape and chalk if you want to be precise 


Directions For Long Sleeve T

diy t-shirt refashions
At this point I have already lined up the
sleeves, cut through all four layers and
pulled the sliced material tight. I should
have taken three pictures here instead 
of this ONE.

1.)  Fold the T-Shirt in half, lining up the sleeves perfectly.



2.) Measure and mark the wideth of each slice in 3/4" increments on the upper part of the sleeve.


diy t-shirt refashion
A another look at a sleeve. You can see
the loops better in this picture.













3.) Measure and mark the length of each slit.

4.)  Cut through all four layers of the two sleeves.

Or skip the measuring and marking and just eyeball it and cut through all four layers of the two sleeves like I did.

diy t-shirt refashion
A pic for step 5. Sorry about the blurry
picture.  I need a new camera and a 
steadier hand. This  is the sleeve laying
flat just waiting to be worked on.

5.)  Open up sleeves and pull fabric tight.

6.)  Starting at the top, weave the first loop down into the loop directly below it.

diy t-shirt refashion
And this is a pic for step 6. Starting
at the top of the sleeve, pull the first 
loop of material down and pull the 
second loop through the first loop.

7.) Continue all the
way down the sleeve
until you get to the
last loop.



8.)  I used crochet thread
to tie the last loop and the
end of the sleeve together. 
The knot is hidden on the
inside of the sleeve. It is 
tied to prevent the sleeve
from unraveling.























diy t-shirt refasion
9.)  All done the first sleeve.

10.)  Repeat instructions for the other sleeve.

11.) And now you're done!


diy t-shirt refashionsThat was fun. I hope to do a few more in the up and coming weeks. There are so many ways to cut a t-shirt. If you would like to see more t-shirt transformations please click HERE.


Do you know someone who would love this T-Shirt Transformation? 


Are you going to give it a try?



Look, I Have Been Featured!





Yahhh! This no sew project was featured at All Things Pretty. Thank you Leslie!



***************************************


 photo grabbutton2_zps7d635a69.pngAhhh, thank you! Carol and Linda at Crafts a la Mode featured this post too. Thanks ladies. "Darlene Nemeth, has a tutorial on how to transform a T-shirt with NO SEWING and it’s GORGEOUS. I’m so doing this!!"





***************************************

PinkWhen


Thank you Shelly for favoriting my no sew project on the DIY Sunday Showcase Talent Pinterest Board. Stop by her blog and say hi.




***************************************

As of December 29, 2013 this post has been pinned 373 times. That is so exciting.


But hang on one second. I found this site,
 http://pinterestplugin.com/pincount/

If you want to find out the pin count on Pinterest for a specific post you have to try this. Obviously I had to try it. So here it goes.



Oh my gosh. That's incredible. It is so easy to use.


Well, thanks for stopping by. I hope the instructions were clear enough. Please let me know if there is something I could have explained better.

If your interested, stop by my Etsy Shop, Little Shop of Treasures or check out this free printable calendar.

If you would like to receive my blog updates please subscribe via email or follow me on TwitterPinterest or Blog Lovin.






Have a fantastic day.

27 comments:

  1. Great tutorial, and with such a cute outcome! I've been wanting to try this technique for a while and you've inspired me!

    I'm your newest follower, thanks for visiting my blog!

    www.domesticblisssquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ladies, thanks so much. I'm glad to like it. It actually took less than 15 minutes to finish both sleeves. I'm really looking forward to trying some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat! I wouldn't have thought to loop them like that. Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thanks. My daughter really likes it and wants me to cut up more or her t-shirts.

      Delete
  4. That is way to cool! Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing at the Summer Bucket List Party =) Marcy @ day2day SuperMom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Marcy for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cool top! love the tutorial and the pictures.

    So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

    Have a wonderful week~
    Sharon and Denise!

    Follow us:
    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon and Denise,
    Thanks for hosting the Link and Hop. Wishing you a wonderful week too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great t-shirt!! I don't know if I have anyone to make it for, but I am going to pin it for later. Visiting with DYWW.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty, thanks so much for the pin. I hope to see you again some time soon.

      Delete
  9. Hi I am stopping by your blog from the Adorned From Above Wednesday Blog Hop. I would very much love it if you would stop by ours as well. We also have a great giveaway running with a winner to be announced in 8 days. Come on by and join up. We will also have a blog hop Friday.

    Blog: www.ashleychapmandesigns.com/blog

    Thanks so much!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley,thanks so much for stopping by. I will definitely check out your blog and the hop on Friday. Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  10. I literally just did this same technique on a shirt yesterday, only all the way down the back! I love the way it looks down the arms.

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I did another shirt for my daughter with the same technique down the back too! I'd like to see how your t-shirt came out.

      Delete
  11. Great idea! I had a friend who taught us to be more comfortable just by cutting the neck out of those t-shirts you get for volunteering at causes and festivals. Such an easy fix and it makes a brand new article of clothing. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do they make t-shirt necks so restricting - I find them suffocating and avoid them altogether. But my daughters love their band shirts and put up with the discomfort. I suggested that they cut the neck line but they were afraid to ruin their shirts. Now that this project turned out well they may change their minds about cutting up their band shirts.

      Delete
  12. Very Creative!! Visiting from DIY Showcase!

    Shelly-Cohost
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley. I think it is for people who dislike wearing sleeveless shirts but want to be able to dress for the warmer weather too.

      Delete
  13. OMG. Darlene, I took a class once and at the end she showed how to do something like this only she cut out pieces from the front of the t shirt and there was another shirt underneath a different color. it was very cool but I never did it. I like this even better. Thanks, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda, I'm supper glad that you like my project. I hope to see you around more with your lovely comments!

      Delete
  14. Thanks so much for sharing your crafty post at the Say G’day Saturday linky party.

    This week’s linky party has just started so I hope you can stop by and say g’day!

    Best wishes for a great weekend,

    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Natasha, thanks for stopping by. I have already linked up at your party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey there! Thanks for linking up your cool craft. Stop by again next week and link up another awesome project!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Susie@bowdabra
    http://bowdabrablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie,
      Thanks for hosting another wonderful party. I always look forward to see who joins and what they are sharing.

      Delete
  17. Hello, I just spotted your blog on the VMG206 blog. I saw someone wearing a shirt like this at a picnic this summer and it drew a lot of attention. You have done a great tutorial here on making it. Beautiful job.
    I would love it if you would link up with us at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/07/clever-chicks-blog-hop-45-with-three.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, I appreciate your kind words. I'd love to link up at the hop. Thanks

      Delete
  18. How darn cute. I would love to have a few shirts like this. Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete